Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Time constraints may not be the reason.

                                                                                            Author: Black dory
Image: Empty Boat akin to
Being Short on Ideas (here)

Dark nights rocking in the boat. Nary a thought for what
was in store for the morrow. One felt the concern even the
guilt for not coming back with a decent one. Was it with full
abandon to just raise both hands and prepare to give up.

Many had walked this path. Many were familiar with the
underlying frustrations of not being satisfied with the ones
done lately. Time constraints could not be the reason. It was
perhaps to throw everything to the winds and to see what
was giving way. Building walls around one's being would
not get the desired results. It stifled growth and that was
not good at all!

Take it by the horns
Wisdom comes too late
When set to fester

Toni at d'Verse's Haibun Monday
-  what are your plans

10 comments:

  1. It can be frstrating. I think we have all had writers block. I know I have. And you are right. It is better to be open, to let peopke, places, circumstances in. Thank you Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw caution to the wind and just go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your message came across perfectly Hank. Thank you.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you describe the frustration so well, and a very wise haiku, well done Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you bro.
    I'm feeling this with so many facets of my life right now , nice to see it reflect in your words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to just give it a go and keep those walls from building up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am often not satisfied with what I write. I suspect time is not the main fault either but that is no need to stop trying. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you describe it... sometimes we have to just keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well written and one to ponder on. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So frustrating. My excuse is life eating away at my free time right now--though the ideas abound.

    ReplyDelete